After your stay

Comments and Suggestions

We welcome comments and suggestions about any aspects of your stay in hospital. Comment cards are available for patients to feed information back to us, and you may also be invited to participate in a patient satisfaction survey after your stay in hospital. If you have not been given a comment card, please ask a member of staff, or contact us and we will forward one on to you.

Play at homeTell us about anything that is important to you

For example:

How can I give my feedback?

You can give your feedback by:

What happens to my feedback?

We will use your feedback to improve the services we provide.

If you would like to write to us with comments or suggestions please contact:

Maggie Fraser
Communications Manager
Western Isles Health Board
37 South Beach
Isles of Lewis

Your comments will be passed on to the appropriate staff members, and any suggestions will be dealt with accordingly.


Our aim is that you receive the best possible care from us and have a positive experience. However, if you have been unhappy with any aspects of your care, you can raise any issues with us.

If you wish to informally raise an immediate concern, please bring your concern to the attention of Senior Charge Nurse/Doctor or Head of Department. This allows issues which can be dealt with in a ward or department to be addressed immediately.

If you wish to formally complain, please contact:

Angela Grant
Complaints Officer
NHS Western Isles
Health Board Offices
37 South Beach
Isle of Lewis

What can I complain about?

Things you can complain about include:

What can't I complain about?

There are some things you can't complain about through the NHS complaints procedure, and these include:

The NHS complaints procedure doesn't usually provide financial compensation. The Patient Advice and Support Service may be able to tell you where to get information about specialist solicitors who handle medical negligence claims.

If you wish to complain, you can obtain a guidance leaflet from Health Rights Information Scotland, entitled 'Making a complaint about the NHS'. This is available from ward staff or by clicking here.

We hope you have found the information above useful. If you have any comments or suggestions, please use our Feedback Form.