For general feedback, comments and suggestions please contact us through our online feedback form.
Why should I get involved?
User and public involvement is a vital part of NHS Western Isles service development. To continually improve services, NHS professionals welcome opportunities to listen carefully to service users as experts in their own right.
Feedback, comments, compliments and complaints provide us with an opportunity to review and reflect on the care and services we provide, to learn and improve patients experiences.
The following are examples of service improvements that have been put in place in response to your feedback in 2013-2014:
- Six new wheelchairs were purchased for placement at the Western Isles Hospital entrance
- The Emergency Department has extended its reception cover
- The appointment referral system has been revised and improved
- All Western Isles GP urology referrals are being sent direct to Raigmore Hospital to reduce the likelihood of delays in referrals being processed
- A new consent form has been introduced that outlines informed consent and gives the opportunity for patients to ask the consultants questions